This is one of my favorite time of the year. Why you ask? As the weather starts to turn towards Spring and the days get longer it’s the best time to enjoy outdoor activities before it gets too hot. And Denton has a lot offer!
Below are a few things I’m looking forward to this month.
Denton Arts & Jazz Festival – April 27-29th – Quakertown Park
By far one of the best festival’s around. The Denton Arts & Jazz Festival has earned a solid reputation for providing the finest entertainment and art in the North Texas Metroplex area. In addition to music there’s food, activities, art and jewelry and so much more. And here’s the best part, IT’S FREE! Here’s a couple of must see acts performing that weekend:
- Friday, April 27th @ 9pm – Randy Becker (Jazz Stage)
- Saturday, April 28th @ 10am – Shelley Carroll (Jazz Stage)
- Saturday, April 28th @ 5:30pm – Mark Harper (Jazz Stage)
- Saturday, April 28th @ 6pm – Fingerprints (Courtyard Stage)
- Saturday, April 28th @ 9pm – One O’Clock Lab Band (UNT Showcase Stage)
Twilight Tunes – Thursdays April 19th – June 28th – Denton Square
Looking for something to do on Thursday nights? Grab a couple of lawn chairs and head to the Denton Square for Twilight Tunes from 6:30 – 8pm. Grab dinner before or after at one of the nearby restaurants like the 940’s Kitchen or LSA Burger or Barley and Board.
Thin Line Film-Music-Photo Festival – April 18-22nd – Denton Square
This annual event is a one-of-a-kind festival that combines the best of modern media to create an engaging, multi-layered experience that appeals to all with film documentaries, soundtracks and photography. General admission to Thin Line Fest IS FREE (with some exceptions) but you’ll need to go on-line to register and obtain a wristband.
Greater Denton Arts Council – Patterson Appleton Arts Center
- 31st Annual Materials: Hard and Soft – now thru May 5th – this event was on my list last month, but with the cold weather and rain I admittedly haven’t seen it yet. Good thing it goes thru May 5th!
- Robert Jessup Squares – now thru May 19th – known for his narrative paintings, Robert Jessup has eschewed a representational style in his recent work in order to create ambition paintings and drawings that aim to reconfigure his world of imagery.
Lineage featuring Johnaye Kendrick – April 4th @ 8pm – Steve’s Wine Bar
Wednesday’s at Steve’s Wine Bar with Lineage is already one of my favorite nights. This will be an extra special night with Johnaye Kendrick who has performed with some of the greats of jazz music like Ellis Marsalis Quartet and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra.
Do you have an event you’d like to share? We would love to hear from you. Reach out to us on facebook @delamarmarketing. And look for us next month as we continue to explore and share what’s happening around town in Denton!
One thought on “DMI’s Smooth Groove Update”
Thanks for sharing these great events around Denton.
LikeLiked by 1 person